This blog post lists most common reasons for the rejection of articles by article directories. These are:
1. Spelling/Grammar mistakes - They are a big NO NO!
2. Article not submitted to the right category - Only very occassionally, the moderator will take the pains to move it to the right category.
3. Wrong article directory selected - If a niche article directory accepts articles only about health and fitness, then probably, it is a bad idea to submit Internet Marketing articles to that directory.
4. Links in the body of the article - Most of the article directories reject the articles containing links in the article body. So, stick them to the BIO.
5. Blatantly Advertising - Article submission is not a press release or a plain advertisement. Article submission is all about providing valuable information to the reader. If he is interested in your service (which he should be after reading your valuable article), he may checkout your product/service link in your “author bio”.
The above are the 5 most common reasons for your article to be rejected by article directories. Taking care of these will ensure you high quality backlinks from the article directories (and don’t forget the webmasters picking up your articles).
“Sandbox” is a term given to Google’s search engine filter which prevents good rankings of new websites in Google for competitive keywords. The more competitive the site’s theme, the stronger the sandbox is.
I feel the following tips may help you beat the sandbox:
1. Don’t get domain names with 2 hyphens or more.
2. Don’t get too many links in a short period to your site via reciprocal link exchanges.
3. Get a continuous flow of relevant links to your site. (Can be achieved via article submission)
4. Pay close attention to the first few links which you get to your site.
5. Add UNIQUE CONTENT regularly to your site. (I said UNIQUE!)
6. Initially, target low competitive keywords and as you start getting decent rankings, gradually move to more competitive keywords.
7. Unnatural things pertaining to a site leads to stronger effect of sandbox. So, do all those things which would happen to a site naturally. For example –> get links to many pages of your site, and not only the homepage. Getting me?
From the above list, I feel point 3 and point 5 are MOST important, i.e. continuous flow of relevant links and unique content.
Following the above tips, will definitely help you escape the Google’s Sandbox quickly.
In the recent times, the article submission strategy seems to be the most popular among webmasters. Article directories are reporting record submissions. Reciprocal links don’t seem to work the way they used to. Google loves links from content pages instead of traditional link pages. Webmasters need content for their website, thus, they can go to article directories and pick up your article and put it on their website giving you a linkback.
No doubt, the article marketing is getting a great talk these days! WeSubmitArticles.com was started a couple of months back and getting great results. We are really delighted and so are our clients with the results they are getting . People rate article submission as one of the best method to get one-way links to a website (ofcourse, there are other ways as well). That’s why I felt a strong need of starting a blog which will be discussing various aspects of article submission and marketing. So stay tuned!