This blog post lists most common reasons for the rejection of articles by article directories. These are:
1. Spelling/Grammar mistakes - They are a big NO NO!
2. Article not submitted to the right category - Only very occassionally, the moderator will take the pains to move it to the right category.
3. Wrong article directory selected - If a niche article directory accepts articles only about health and fitness, then probably, it is a bad idea to submit Internet Marketing articles to that directory.
4. Links in the body of the article - Most of the article directories reject the articles containing links in the article body. So, stick them to the BIO.
5. Blatantly Advertising - Article submission is not a press release or a plain advertisement. Article submission is all about providing valuable information to the reader. If he is interested in your service (which he should be after reading your valuable article), he may checkout your product/service link in your “author bio”.
The above are the 5 most common reasons for your article to be rejected by article directories. Taking care of these will ensure you high quality backlinks from the article directories (and don’t forget the webmasters picking up your articles).